1. Ales Danek (Chair)
2. Ine Skjorten
3. Dragan Babic
4. Lucas da Silva
5. Johana Arguello
6. Kris Kingston
7. Paul Eames
As per Bylaw 47 – the duties and election of the Athletes’ Committee is as follows:
- The duties of the Athletes’ Committee are:
- To represent the athletes in the sports related decision making bodies of the IRF.
- To act as a mediator between active athletes and the IRF Organisms.
- To represent the athletes in sport related meetings of the IRF Administrative Committees and Sub-Committees.
- To form the official opinion of the athletes concerning actual issues and to pass resolutions of the athletes.
- To work for the athletes’ representation in the IRF Member Organizations.
- To appoint when necessary, a spokesperson to represent the athletes during IRF Competitions.
- Three (3) representatives from the European Region, two (2) representatives from the Pan American Region and two (2) representatives from the Australasia Region elected by athletes from their respective regions.
- The election shall take place during the IRF World Championships.
- The election process and the counting of the votes will be monitored by an independent individual.
- The Athletes’ Committee Chair is elected from amongst its elected members.
- IRF Member Organizations will be informed about the election three (3) months prior to the World Championships, and the candidates must be presented to the IRF at least 30 days prior to the World Championships.
Annexes to Article 47
- An athlete is eligible to vote, propose a candidate or be a candidate if they participated as a competitor in their country’s last IRF Race Rule compliant National Selection, or the previous or present IRF World Rafting Championship.
- Proposed candidates for the Athlete’s Commission must approve their candidacy before they become a confirmed candidate.