- Athletes’ Commission shall consist of seven (7) members including a Chair.
- The duties of the Athletes’ Commission are:
- To represent the athletes in the sports related decision making bodies of the IRF.
- To act as a mediator between active athletes and the IRF Organisms.
- To represent the athletes in sport related meetings of the IRF Administrative Committees and Sub-Committees.
- To form the official opinion of the athletes concerning actual issues and to pass resolutions of the athletes.
- To work for the athletes’ representation in the IRF Member Organisations.
- To appoint when necessary, a spokesperson to represent the athletes during IRF Competitions.
- All proposals by the Athletes’ Commission are ratified by the IRF Board of Directors.
- The Athletes’ Commission is elected as follows:
- Three (3) representatives from the European Region, two (2) representatives from the Pan American Region and two (2) representatives from the Asia/Oceania Region elected by athletes.
- The election shall take place during the IRF World Rafting Championships.
- The election process and the counting of the votes will be monitored by an independent individual.
- The Athletes’ Committee Chair is elected from amongst its elected members.
- IRF Member Organisations will be informed about the election two (2) months prior to the World Rafting Championships, and the candidates must be submitted to the IRF at least 5 weeks prior to the World Championships.
- An athlete is eligible to vote, propose a candidate or be a candidate if they participated as a competitor in their country’s last IRF Race Rule compliant National Selection, or the previous or present IRF World Rafting Championship.
- Proposed candidates for the Athletes’ Commission must approve their candidacy before they become a confirmed candidate.
Lucas da Silva
Asia / Oceania: