- The Anti-Doping Sub-Committee shall serve under the Sport and Competition Committee and is responsible for ensuring that the IRF substantially complies with the recommendations and requirements codified by the World Anti- Doping Agency (WADA).
- The Anti-Doping Sub-Committee Chair shall be appointed by the IRF Executive Committee. The IRF Executive Committee, the Athletes’ Commission Chair, and the appointed Chair then shall appoint additional sub-committee members which should include a legal advisor, independent athletes, and other constituents who are familiar with anti-doping issues.
The Anti-Doping Sub-Committee is charged with the following tasks:
- Create and oversee an IRF Anti-Doping Program (ADP) which includes rules and procedures that are designed to keep IRF sanctioned events in compliance with the World Anti-Doping Code, the WADA Prohibited List, and any other relevant WADA precepts.
- Continuously evaluate and update (when necessary) the ADP.
- Ensure that all IRF Member Organizations are aware of the ADP and agree with its terms and conditions.
- Develop and implement effective methods for communicating the ADP to IRF Member Organizations and their athletes. This includes (but is not limited to) the development of plain-language documents that provides teams, athletes and coaches with a simple overview of testing procedures, prohibited substances and other relevant information about the ADP; and to make this information easily accessible to athletes and the general public through the internet and other means.
- Provide any needed support or information to IRF event hosts with regard to the ADP and WADA.
- Create credible, independent Anti-Doping Panels which will oversee the ADP during IRF sanctioned events and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Develop fair, economical, and credible methods for selecting a pool of athletes for testing.
- Oversee the safekeeping of samples and test results gathered by Doping Authorities.
- In the case of positive tests, administer sanctions as directed by the ADP, and conduct fair hearings if sanctions are protested.
- Inform WADA, IRF Member Organizations and national Anti- Doping Authorities about any positive tests.
- Gather and compile statistics on test results.
Bert Kanora (Chair)
Joe Willis Jones