- The Guide Training and Education Committee is responsible for advancing ARTICLE 5, Sections 9, 10 and 11 of the Bylaws. This includes developing and promoting programs and systems that may be used as a common standard for rafting guides, river safety personnel, and rafting tour operators.
- The Second Vice President shall serve as Chair of the Guide Training and Education Committee. The Chair must be qualified for the position, which requires that he/she be an active, certified GTE Assessor, be very active in the Guide Training and Education Committee, and be fully knowledgeable of the various roles of the committee.
- The Guide Training and Education Committee shall be composed of 7-10 active GTE Assessors and Instructors who are appointed by the Executive Committee.
- The Guide Training and Education Committee shall develop budgets and management systems necessary for the support and growth of Guide Training and Education programs.
Specific responsibilities of the Guide Training and Education Committee include:
- Establish and maintain a self-sustaining system for efficiently and professionally managing guide training and education.
- Define and codify the requirements and standards for rafting guides, trip leaders, instructors, river safety personnel, and rafting tour operators worldwide.
- Establish international guidelines and requirements for event safety at IRF competitions.
- Create and promote training programs which aid in the development of professional raft guides, trip leaders, instructors, river safety personnel and rafting tour operators.
- Create and promote raft guide and river safety personnel assessment schemes that recognise and award individuals who meet IRF requirements and standards.
- Create and promote an assessment scheme that recognises and awards river tour operators that meet IRF requirements and standards.
- Identify and develop standards for any other activities associated with Guide Training and Education as they evolve.
Gáspár Göncz (Chair)
Mark Hirst (Secretary / Vice Chair)
Sean Clarke (Administrator)
Joseph Willis Jones
Gabriel Cote Vailquette
Ena Buenfil Zamudio
Neil Newton Taylor
Alex (Pongo) Baker
Nim Bahadur Magar
Fabián Alejandro Bonanno