The IRF Sport & Competition Committee assesses and updates the IRF Race Rules at the end of each year. This year it is being done much earlier due to the 2019 WRC happening early in the year (May).
So proposals are to be in by 20 October. Any proposals after that cannot be guaranteed to be included.
The process is as follows:
- Rule proposals may be submitted only as one of the three possible options. 1) Eliminate a rule, 2) change a rule, or 3) add a rule.
- When suggesting that a rule be eliminated, a copy of the rule must be included in the proposal.
- When proposing a change to an existing rule, the proposal must include a copy of the existing rule, and the suggested change.
- When suggesting a new rule, the submission must include a copy of the new rule written in a rule format.
- All proposals must include Clear REASONS as to why this change has been suggested. Submissions without clear reasons will be rejected.
- All proposals must include the name of the person/organisation making the suggestion, and must come through an IRF member organisation representative or with their written approval.
- All proposals must be in by the 20th October (much earlier than usual due to WRC 2019 being in May).
- All proposals will be assessed by the Exec Com and those which merit further discussion will be presented to the S&C Com for full discussion. Discussions will be conducted on the IRF Forum.
- After discussions have concluded, all members of the S&C Com who have been active in the discussions will vote. The aim is to conclude the voting by end of Dec.
- Updated rules, with all changes, will be published on the IRF website and sent by email to IRF member organisations. The aim is for this to be done by January.