There are two options to become an IRF Race Judge coming up.
The first option is an online Judges Workshop for new Judges. This is particularly handy for those who wish to become Judges for their local/regional events but never get the chance to attend the face-to-face IRF Judge Workshops usually offered.
The second option is at World Rafting Championships 2022 in BiH at the end of May.
Details of Online Judges Workshop
Dates: 8, 9, 10 April 2022
Time: 10:00 – 13:00 UTC
Cost: $30 (includes cost of annual IRF Individual Membership fee)
Certification on completion:
- IRF Assistant Judge
- Race Rules state Assistant Judges can judge at C or D Level Events. They can also judge at A or B Level Events, but as an Assistant Judge to General, Chief or Assessor Judge.
- To upgrade to General Judge they will only need to work as a Judge with a Judge Assessor at an event.
Questions: If you have any questions please contact IRF Admin
Registration Form: Please follow this link to register
Payment – secure payment options:
Details of Judges Workshop at WRC 2022
A Judges workshop for new judges will be run during the 2022 World Rafting Championship in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Anyone keen to do the course should email IRF Admin
Dates: 25 May to 1 June 2022 (during WRC)
Place: Event Headquarters, Banja Luka, BiH
Cost: $US30 to be paid to Instructor on the first day of the course. Includes annual IRF Individual Membership Fee.
Schedule and what is expected of you:
- 25th May, 9am to 12am – attend Day 1 theory part of Judges Workshop run by Judge Instructors
- 2pm to 5pm – attend Judges Orientation Workshop with all Judges and Jury
- 26th May, 9am to 5pm – attend Day 2 theory part of Judges Workshop run by Judge Instructors
- 27th May – 31st May, all day: work with Official Judges at the event as an Assistant Judge Trainee
- 1st June: write Judges exam. If you pass the exam and the assessment you will be certified as a General Judge.
- Note: scheduled times may change, so keep in touch with IRF Admin
What you need to provide: A copy of the IRF Race Rules as it is on the IRF website plus the two addendums. Own pens and paper. All accommodation, meals and transport are also for your own cost.
Register: Please let IRF Admin know if you will be attending so we can be sure to include you in any updates and details and have sufficient space for you.