The IRF GTE Conference 2021 will be an online event. Registration is now open.
The GTE Conference is an opportunity for all Instructors and Assessors to review and update their knowledge and skills of the IRF’s Guide Training & Education (GTE) System. The conference is open to all current and recently expired IRF GTE Instructors and Assessors. Attendance of the event will count toward renewal criteria for Instructors.
An engaging conference:
The pandemic has affected everyone’s lives and opportunities to be rafting. As a result we understand many Instructors and Assessors have been unable to keep up with their required GTE workshops over the past 18 months. Travel restrictions around the globe and our desire to ensure everyone remains healthy and safe, this year’s conference is online. The conference will be a series of presentations and engaging Q&A sessions. Everyone who attends is encouraged to engage in the discussions and activities.
GTE conference 2021 details:
- The conference will be a three hour online event
- Participants can join on mobile devices, laptops or desktops. Software download is not required – it is entirely browser based (Chrome or Firefox are preferred browsers)
- There are two sessions available to choose from. The two events will feature the same presentations and content. Select the event for the most convenient time for you
- Conference participation fee is $50.00 USD per person
GTE Conference 2021 Agenda (subject to minor changes):
|Welcome||IRF President, Joe Willis Jones|
|GTE overview and current activity||IRF 2nd Vice President, GTE Committee Chair, Gáspár Göncz|
|New White Water Guide Awards||IRF Instructor, Sebastian Larcher|
|GTE growing internationally||Owner, North West Rafting Company, Zach Collier|
|GTE workshop reporting and administration||IRF GTE Administration|
|GTE assessment standards and debriefs||IRF GTE Secretary, Mark Hirst|
|Assessing paddleboat skills||Neil Newton-Taylor|
|GTE and social media||IRF Media and Marketing, Sean Clarke|
|Open Forum||Session led by GTE Secretary, Mark Hirst|
|Summary and closing remarks|
Renewal of Instructor certifications:
The normal procedures for renewing an IRF Instructor certificate are to satisfy the following requirements every three years:
- Conduct a minimum of three (3) relevant assessment workshops or GTPs
- Attend a GTE Instructor workshop or GTE conference
- Be physically capable of demonstrating all skills being taught or assessed
- Hold a current Advanced 1st Aid Certificate or higher
Attending the IRF GTE Conference 2021 will be accepted as evidence of meeting items 1 and 2. Physical capability and first aid certification requirements remain as normal for Instructor renewals.
If all criteria are met as above, renewals will be valid for three years from the date of the IRF GTE Conference 2021.
Purchase your ticket to the IRF GTE Conference 2021:
Further information on the IRF’s globally recognised Guide Training & Education (GTE) System can be found through these links:
If you have any further questions regarding the conference, contact GTE Admin.