The first complete guidebook about Altai whitewater for kayakers and rafters by Anton Sveshnikov has now being brought out in English!
In this Whitewater Altai guidebook you can find all you need to make your kayak or raft trip in this Russian region:
- Basic information about region: geography, climate, ethnography, history
- Valuable information for travellers: getting to, visas, logistic, accommodation, food, money, safety etc.
- Information for riverrunners: history of exploring Altai rivers, season, commercial rafting, water levels, gear list, how to bring your boat to Altai, safety information, whitewater competitions
- The main part of the book contains descriptions of 42 paddling sections, with maps and photos.
- I also compiled short but useful English–Russian phrasebook for riverrunners.
Alexey Shirokov, President of the Russian Rafting Federation, has this to say about the area and the book.
“The infrastructure in Altai is excellent, except in the high mountains. There are no problems with connections, plus the people are friendly and it is absolutely safe for a foreigner of any country.
The books has interesting information.”
Shirikov is the organiser of the “White Water of Siberia – 2018″ Forum whose aim is to promote the Siberian region as well as its excellent white water.