The racing calendar is filling up quickly with some great events on the horizon:
- In 10 days time (9 – 11 March) it is the inaugural International Women’s Day Raft Race which is open to women’s teams only. Read more – What’s the point in promoting women in paddlesports?
- Dracula will be making his first IRF EC appearance in Romania from the 13 – 15 April on the Buzau River. This is a new event on the EC calendar and promises to be a bucket list one for the future!
- The well known classic event in Wildalpen on the Salza River from 20 – 22 April will be a World Cup event as well as an Euro Cup event. Let’s hope it is a little warmer than last year!
- Pre-Worlds is also a World Cup event and is on from the 9 – 13 May on the Tully River, Queensland Australia. All the information you need to plan this trip in the link above.
- June sees EC R6 on the Vrbas in BiH from the 9 – 10, then EC R4 in Trnavka on the 16 – 17 and EC R6 in Prague, Vltava Troja on the 23 – 24.
- 2 – 7 July is the Euro Rafting Champs at Cunovo/Donau in Bratislava, Slovakia. This is a familiar location for many as the ERC 2014 was held in the same location. The team information letter has all the details needed to make your plans.
- China is running two events this year – the first is the International Rafting Festival in Guilin on the Wupai River (late July – dates to be confirmed) and then from the 10 -12 August it will be the World Rafting Plateau Championships in Yushu City in Qinghai. This is a stunning area to visit and a chance to paddle a short piece of the Yangzte! China always puts on a great show at these events. They also will be offering team subsidies (with conditions) once again.
- The final two EC events of the season are EC R4 & R6 on Devil’s Stream, Lipno from the 25 – 26 August, and EC R4 & R6 on the Soca River in Slovenia from 15 – 16 Sept.
- 4 – 10 November is the highlight of the IRF racong calendar – the World Rafting Champs on the Aluminé River in Aluminé/Villa Pehuenia in Neuquen, Argentina!