2017 World Rafting Championships will be held from the 2 to 9 October on the Yoshino River (Koboke section), Miyoshi city, Tokushima Prefecture.
The 2017 IRF Congress will be held on the 4th and 5th of October, at the same location as the captain’s meetings (Former Nishiu Elementary School Gym). Both meetings are scheduled to start at 6pm, but please keep a close eye on the schedule as times and meeting rooms may change.
Pre-Worlds are being held in Argentina from the 1 – 5 Nov on the Aluminé River in Aluminé and Villa Pehuenia, Patagonia. The organisers are offering free accommodation and meals, transport from Neuquén airport and no entry fee! A great opportunity!
As far as Guide courses and assessments – there are plenty to choose from:
- September you can choose from a bunch of options in Scotland, plus the Zambezi, Zanskar & Indus River and Río Trancura, Pucón in Chile.
- October sees various courses and/or assessments on Ecuador’s Misahualli, Napo and Jatunyacu Rivers, Río Trancura, Pucón – Chile and the Kiarlani River.
- November there’s one in Llangollen, North Wales.
- February there is a Class 3 Safety Craft Workshop (Kayak) in Llangollen again.
- April it is a Guide training, assessment & Rescue 3 whitewater rescue technician combined course also in Llangollen
There are continually courses being added and there should be plenty coming up in the Southern Hemisphere as their season starts drawing near.