17.000 islands make up the archipelago of the Republic of Indonesia. In whichever direction you go, you will not go wrong. This paradise on earth will win the hearts of each of you. We hope that you have enough free time that you can see as much as possible. Prepare your bag and experience the adventure.
This beautiful island country offers so many different possibilities, which is good because each of you are different too. We will mention just a few attractions, but here is a website where you can find everything you need for travelling to Indonesia – www.indonesia.travel – and should be your first research point.
- “Not much remains of the once powerful 13th century East Java kingdom of Singosari. An unfinished temple and two giant statues that once stood guard….”
- “The magnificent Borobudur temple (UNESCO) is the world’s biggest Buddhist monument, an ancient site….”
- “As the largest Hindu temple in Southeast Asia, the beautiful and graceful temple of Prambanan is a magnificent spectacle and…..”
- “Ijen plateau or known as “Kawah Ijen” is highly recommended to mountain buffs and hikers. The Plateau was at one time a huge active crater, 134 sq km in area….” An article on the blue lava of this volcano.
Find some great information on the following sites as well:
Rafting in Indonesia
- Best places for white water rafting in Indonesia
- Rafting in West Java, Indonesia
- Sumatra – Asahan River (one of the best known in Indonesia) and you can contacted Iwan.
We hope you find these links and maps helpful in deciding what to do after the World Rafting Champs. If any of you have discovered any other good links with information and maps, send them on to us. If anyone needs friends to travel with, contact us. So: let’s get connected!