We are rapidly approaching the 2023 European Championship!
Today we cast our spotlight on a R6 Open Men’s team, one of the many teams participating in the championship.
This R6 Team Open Men team is from the Czech Republic. Team TR ZUBR (Zubr is the name of brewery that sponsors them).
IRF: Please tell us a little about each paddler on the team and their experience.
David Lisický – captain
– former C2 wild water canoeist (2x world vice champion), physiotherapist by profession, participant on WCR 2005, 2007, 2011, 2017 and 2022
– former K1 slalom, raft guide, owner of rafting company
– former C2 wild water canoeist (2x world champion U23), carpenter
– C2 wild water canoeist (2x world champion U23), teacher
– former C2 slalom canoeist, technician
– former C2 slalom world champion – teams, driver
– 2010 european champions overall
– 2011 world champions R6 slalom
-2011 world vice champions overall
– 2012 european champions marathon
– 2012 european vice champions overall
– 2017 european vice champions overall
– 2017 bronze medal WRC overall
Training: individually, 3 of us live in different places of Czechia.
R4 master men TR ZUBR
consist of 4 members of R6 TR ZUBR
– David Lisický, Václav Kabrhel, Michal Hric and Jaroslav Pospíšil
IRF: Is it your first time racing at this venue?
TR ZUBR: Of course, no :)
IRF: What are you looking forward to the most at the event?
TR ZUBR: Certainly Devil’s stream!
See you there!