At last WRC 2022 is nearly here! Are you ready to raft the Vrbas and Tara? The long wait to travel and go rafting, to meet up with friends, new and old, to compete and have a good time, is soon to be over! It is hard to believe it has been three years since our last WRC. We hope you are looking forward to it as much as we are! Below are a few reminders to make your championship memorable for all the right reasons!
Planning for your trip
Take a read of this article – Important travel tips. Make sure you have Travel insurance.
The current Bosnia and Herzegovinian (BiH) travel and Covid-19 restrictions can be found published here. If you need a PCR test to return home please contact the Organisers to help you arrange this timeously.
Visas, customs and immigration
To see if you need a visa to enter into BiH check now.
- Every WRC 2022 team member must attend registration!
- Bring your passport!
- Be in team gear for team photos! 📷😬
- Extra people with you who are officially included in transport, etc can register at any time during Official Registration, but they must also register.
- Late registrations needed after Official Registration is closed need to be requested to IRF Admin, and will incur a fee.
- Ensure you have completed all the necessary requirements re ADEL, the anti-doping platform, and Individual Membership as per the email sent to each team. If you have not received the email or need assistance with this please contact IRF Admin.
At registration each WRC 2022 team member will be required to identify themselves, prove eligibility to compete for their nation and sign forms. The registration team will be checking for:
- Age verification: each team member’s age will be checked to make sure everyone in your team is the right age for the category you are paddling in! No exceptions!
- National eligibility: if anyone in your team does not have the passport of the nation you are representing and they have not been pre-approved by the IRF, they must bring two valid proofs of residency (ask IRF Admin for examples if you need to)
- Signed indemnity forms: all team members to sign, and also team extras
- No outstanding debts: teams will not be allowed to race until this is done. So make sure the following are all paid:
- Your federation’s IRF membership fees are paid
- Team’s WRC Entry Fee
Sustainability – Refuse | Reduce | Reuse | Replace | Recycle | Remind!
One of the IRF’s key principles is river conservation and looking after the local environment. Help us to ensure that our impacts on the communities of Banja Luka and Tara are positive and welcoming. Bring your own water bottle so you can fill up each day instead of using environmentally unfriendly plastic bottles. And keep an eye out for other ways to increase sustainability, like bringing a reusable coffee mug too.
Water temperature is 11-15 degrees Celsius and air temperature is 20-30 degrees Celsius, so neoprene 3mm is suitable for competition. Bring bug spray and long sleeves for evenings.
Transport from airport
If you are needing the free transport from Bosnia and Herzegovina Airports (Sarajevo, Banja Luka, Tuzla) on the following dates:
• Arrivals: 24 and 25 May 2022
• Departures: 02 and 03 June 2022
Or to hire a car, then email email@example.com and let them know the details.
Still needing to sort out accommodation – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Know your IRF Race Rules!
NO to war, YES to peace
Peace flags are welcome. NO Russian flags or symbols, etc; and no Z proclamations are allowed.
Hashtags and social media
The consistent hashtag to use if you want us to share your posts is #irfwrc
We’ll also be looking for any of the following: #AreYouReady #RaftersAreAwesome
Who are you?
Want to let the world know about your team and your WRC 2022 preparations? Got an interesting story to share? Email our Media section.
Follow WRC 2022 through:
#AreYouReady #RaftersAreAwesome #StrongerTogether #RiverFamily #WeAreIRF