Are you ready to Treasure the Tully? WRC 2019 is approaching fast! We hope you’re looking forward to it as much as we are! Below are a few reminders to make your championship memorable for all the right reasons!
Planning for your trip
Take a read of this article – Important travel tips
Visas, customs and immigration
Athletes, support crew and supporters from many nations need visas – check now and apply for a visa immediately if you need one as it takes time and needs invitations and supporting paperwork.
Upon landing in Australia, there are very strict customs laws in effect – don’t get caught out! A basic rule is no food or natural products due to cross-contamination laws. More details on the Australian government website.
Make sure you have it!
Water – Reduce | Reuse | Recycle
One of the IRF’s key principles is river conservation and looking after the local environment. Help us to ensure that our impacts on the communities of Queensland and Tully are positive and welcoming. Bring your own water bottle so you can fill up each day instead of using environmentally unfriendly plastic bottles. There will be event branded bottles for sale for those who would like a nice, practical memento of the event.
The River Site and the shopping centre food store (IGA) in town will have of hydrolyte powders and drinks in stock so you don’t need to travel with them. If you are bringing in hydration / meal replacements / washing powders via plane – we strongly suggest unopened containers and preferably in their original containers so you don’t get pulled up at customs.
Remember – for official registration:
- Every team member must attend registration!
- Bring your passport!
- Be in team gear for team photos! 📷😬
- Extra people with you can register at any time during Official Registration, but they must also register
Each team member will be required to identify themselves, prove eligibility to compete for their nation and sign forms. The registration team will be checking for:
- Age verification: each team member’s age will be checked to make sure everyone in your team is the right age for the category you are paddling in! No exceptions!
- National eligibility: if anyone in your team does not have the passport of the nation you are representing and they have not been pre-approved by the IRF, they must bring two valid proofs of residency (ask IRF Admin for examples if you need to)
- Signed indemnity forms: all team members to sign, and also team extras
- No outstanding debts: teams will not be allowed to race until this is done. So make sure the following are all paid:
- Your federation’s IRF membership fees are paid
- Team’s WRC Entry Fee
- Accommodation costs to the organisers
Hashtags and social media
The consistent hashtag to use if you want us to share your posts is #irfwrc
We’ll also be looking for any of the following: #AreYouReady #RaftersAreAwesome #Tully2019 #tamethetully
Who are you?
Want to let the world know about your team preparations? Got an interesting story to share? Email Sean
The blog will keep you updated with the latest action.
Follow the whole event through your choice:
#AreYouReady #RaftersAreAwesome #TreasureTheTully #irfwrc #Tully #Tully2019 #StrongerTogether #RiverFamily #WeAreIRF