As the deadlines for entering into the 2019 World Rafting Champs in Australia are drawing near we bring you some details you need to know.
Team Entry deadlines!
- 15th February 2019 – for any teams who require an invoice to to pay the entry fee. Registration form AND invoice details must be in by this date
- 1st March 2019 – for all teams NOT requiring an invoice to pay
- 8th March 2019 – ALL entry fees MUST be paid by this date
- Late Entries may be accepted on a case by case basis with addition of a Late Fee
- Registration Form
What’s included in the Entry Fee?
- Transport from Cairns Airport to Athletes Village (days will depend on numbers)
- Athlete’s Village and Showg
round Live Site
- River bank Live Site
- Lunch and Dinner for 8 days (13th to 20th) with a nice cheap breakfast available for purchase (about $5 AUD each) at camp
- Opening Parade and Ceremony
- Transport from Athletes Village to and from the race locations (on training and competition days)
- Lots of on-river training during official training
- Thousands of high quality pictures and videos, including TV production that will show world-wide a month or two after the event
- Closing Ceremony
- Transport from Athletes Village to Cairns Airport (21st May)
Athlete’s Village/ Showground Live Site/ Event Headquarters!
- Glamping tents for those who have booked them (separate area)
- Pick-up and drop-off point for all transport logistics
- Water hydration stations to top up your bottles
- Big Screen TV
- Well priced Food Vendors
- A licensed bar area
- Large tables for sitting at
- A stage
- Kids play area
- Toilets, showers
- On the edge of the town of Tully, so it is easy to walk to shops and other amenities, meaning no need for other transport!
- The best option is definitely the Glamping tents at the Athlete’s Village, and there are a couple of tents left
- Available from the 10th
- Well priced at 4 persons / tent (max per tent) = $20pp per night, or 3 / tent (so two tents for a team of 6) = $26pp per night
- Included = air bed, bedding sheets and duvet, rugs and lights
- Electricity available
- All set up for when you arrive
- Barbecue areas available to cook food if you arrive before the 13th although there will be cheap meals available at the camp from the 10th
- Other accommodation options are available near by (full details in this link – or summary below):
- Mission Beach and surrounds:
- Thinking of extending your stay in Australia? Check out options in this summary document