The IRF is very pleased to announce that the 2016 R4 World Rafting Champs will be held at the artificial course, Wadi Adventures in Al Ain, United Arab Emirates!
Wadi Adventures is steadily becoming known as a great place for slalom paddlers to train during the Northern Hemisphere winter. Warm weather, easy logistics and central to most of the world makes it a very suitable location. It not only has two runs it also has a variety of other adventurous activities, the accommodation is right next to the park and there are restaurants right there as well.
It is located at the base of Jebel Hafeet Mountains near the grassy fields of the Green Mubazzarah Park and Hot Springs and boasts the following:
- The world’s longest man made whitewater channels – a combined length of 1,2kilometers.
- The world’s largest surf pool, perfect for beginners and advanced surfers. (Hopefully it will be up and running again soon!)
- An aerial obstacle course, including 2-story airpark, zip line, climbing wall and giant swing.
- A family swimming pool and kid’s splash area – heated in winter and chilled in summer.
- A family-friendly low ropes obstacle course – great fun for the kids.
- A fully stocked retail store with Wadi Adventure and other branded apparel.
- A variety of food and beverage outlets, serving freshly prepared food and drinks.
- The most unique corporate and event space to be found in the Middle East.
- Space and infrastructure to host world class events, competitions, and large groups.
- Surf, raft, kayak, climb, wakeboard, air park, swim, food and beverage outlet
Water park in the dessert? The water is pumped in from the sea.
There is easy access through Dubai or Abu Dhabi and then a 2 hr drive to this beautiful location in the desert.