There is to be a GT&E Conference aimed at getting as many Instructors and Assessors together in one place.
Key details you need to know now:
- Dates: 19 – 21 April 2016
- Location: Wildalpen, Austria
The Conference has been called for a number of reasons:
- The recent rapid growth of the IRF GT&E Scheme
- Changes in how the scheme is to be run
- Launch of the IRF Rafting Operators Best Practice Certificate
- A need for industry colleagues to get together more often to discuss their trade
We’re also looking into inviting rafting / safety equipment manufacturers to display latest gear, invite expert speakers to discuss trends in the industry, etc, so as to make it an event you won’t want to miss!
The Conference will be preceded by Euro Cup Wildalpen (16 – 17), the most popular raft race in the Euro Cup series. And then immediately after the Conference it will be the annual IRF Rescue Race (23 – 24) which attracts guides from all over to come test their rescue skills against others in their industry.
More info coming soon!
There are some great locations coming up for river guide, trip leader, safety craft and instructor certifications.
Here is the link to all the questions you may want to ask about the Instructor Workshop in Nepal in April.
- 28 – 30 Jan: IRF grade II & III river guide assessment Ganga, Rishikesh, India. Host: Rescue India. Instructor: Bhupendra Singh Rana. Details
- 3 – 7 Feb: RRC PRO & IRF grade 4/5 river guide assessment. River Pindar/Alaknanda, Uttarakhand, India. Host: Rescue India. Instructor: Bhupendra Singh Rana. Details
- 28 Mar – 1 Apr: Rafter guide training course. Struma River, class 3, Kresna Gorge, between Simitli and Kresna towns. Instructors: Alexander Pastir, Davor Kos. Local organizer : Adventure Net.
- 3 – 8 April: Instructor Workshop, Marshyangdi River, Nepal. Host: Paddle Nepal. Instructors: Jim Coffey & Mark Hirst. Details.
- 9 – 11 April: Guide, Trip Leader, Instructor Assessments. Dranse River, France. Assessor: Gaspar Goncz. Run by Swiss Rafting Federation. Details
- 9 – 13 April: Safety Crafter and Instructor Assessments Extension. Dranse River, France. Assessor: Gaspar Goncz. Run by Swiss Rafting Federation. Details
- 22 – 27 May: Guide and Safety Kayak Workshop + combined Rescue 3 International Whitewater Rescue Technician Course. Isere & surrounding rivers, France. Instructor: Mark Hirst. Host: Essonia rafting.
- 25 – 30 April: Guide training programme & Rescue 3 whitewater rescue technician combined course. Host. Llangollen Outdoors, Llangollen, North Wales, UK. Instructors. Mark Hirst & Josh O Brien. Details
- 10 – 13 May: 4 days IRF guide training and class 3 guide assessment, Engadin Valley, Switzerland. Class 4/5, TL, Instructor assesments available on request. Details. Details Contact Ru at email@example.com or complete inquiry form on adventure-logic.com.
- 22 – 27 May: IRF guide and Rescue 3 course. Grandtully, Scotland. Details
The IRF will shortly be discussing proposed changes to the Race Rule. We already have a few – if there are any changes you would like to see please send in your proposal to IRF Admin. Make it clear as to what you are proposing and what your reasons are for the change.
The 2015 IRF Congress re-instates the U23 division for the next four years.
The original reason for dropping the U23 age group was that our member organisations and event organisers had been appealing to us to reduce the number of divisions as they felt four was too many to support financially. So . . . → continue reading . . . U23 age group to stay!
Blerina Ago, a 28 years old entrepreneur born and raised in the charming city of Berat in Albania, tells us how her life has been flowing between living in the city and exploring the Osumi canyons. She worked hard and dreamt big so that she can tell us her future plans, the Albanian Adventure Resort, . . . → continue reading . . . The Albanian Adventure Resort – Meet the mind behind the idea
Euro Cup season is ahead of us and a whole lot of great opportunities for us to again gather and hang out as well as race in the best way possible. We present to you the calendar and point you to some new events.
. . . → continue reading . . . 2016 Euro Cup Season coming up …
Here are the details you need so you can start planning your trips to the 2016 Euro Rafting Champs in Slovenia in May.
Information letter #1 (link to official organisers website will be up and running from 18 January) ERC Registration Form
Read the above Info letter for . . . → continue reading . . . ERC 2016 – Info letter #1
Here is a great promo video to give you a taste of what Wadi Adventures is and what it looks like ….
. Can’t wait to get there!
Bali must be wondering about the sudden influx of fit looking athletes, some with funny tans, many wearing T-shirts proclaiming WRC 2015 Indonesia!
As we all come down off the high of another WRC we can look back at a great event held on the Citarik River. For many it started with . . . → continue reading . . . Wrapping up WRC 2015
The Downriver was a gruelling 14kms of rapids and rocks. They decided on sailing starts, meaning the rafts were free to move around above the finish line until the gun went. This did result in a few false starts and penalties, but none of these made a difference in the end.
The first team . . . → continue reading . . . Downriver claimed by Czechs and New Zealand