We’re heading into the height of the Northern Hemisphere summer and holiday season, so most rafters and rafting companies will be at their busiest soon. There are still some guiding training courses coming up as well as some raft races, most notable is the guide assessment on the Zambezi – what an awesome place to get your certification!
Guide Training & Education course and assessments:
- 27 June to 1 July in Spain: This is a raft guide training course and assessment on the Esera River in the Pyrenees, for Grade 3. The Instructor is Eneko Yarza and contact him for more details.
- 4 to 6 July in Spain: A Safety Kayak training course and assessment is being run on the Ara River in the Pyrenees, Grade 4. The Instructor is Eneko Yarza again and contact him for details.
- 11 to 13 July in Spain: A Safety Kayak training course and assessment this time on the Esera River in the Pyrenees, for Grade 3. Instructor and contact once again is Eneko Yarza.
- 18 to 23 Sept in Scotland: Raft Training and Assessment & an Instructor/Assessor Workshop is being run on the River Findhorn by Assessor, Jim Davis. Full details.
- 18 Sept to 1 Oc on the Zambezi River: Raft Guide Assessment, Class 4. Twelve river days includes Moemba falls! The Instructors are Sebastian Larcher, Andrew Kellet and Ruaridh Stevenson. Details
Races coming up:
- This coming weekend (25 to 26 June) is the Euro Cup (EC) on the Struma River in Bulgaria. All 4 disciplines are raced this weekend. Details
- 16 to 22 July is the second in the series of three World Cup events this year. This one is in Yushu City, Qinghai, China. Details
- 29 to 31 July is the EC in Ivrea and Villeneuve in Italy. This event also has all four disciplines being raced. Details
- 13 to 14 August it is the EC in Lipno/Češke Vrbne in the Czech Republic. The three disciplines
of Sprint, H2H and Slalon will be raced here on this artificial course. Details coming soon.
- 20 to 21 August is the EC Downriver on the Devil’s Stream in Lipno in the Czech Republic. Details coming soon.
- 7 to 10 Oct it is Pre-Worlds (practise run for WRC 2017) and the final World Cup 2016 event in Japan. Details
- 31 to 5 Nov is the big event of the year, the R4 World Rafting Champs at Wadi Adventures in Al Ain, which is in the United Arab Emirates. Details
This is not an IRF run event, but it is a great opportunity for paddlers aged between 25 and 35 to go see some of the awesom areas of Siberia, Russia. Dates are – August 18 –27. Locations are: Tomsk region, Tomsk city, Kopylovo village, Kyrgyzka river – Republic of Altai, Aya village, Katun River. Full details.