Leading in sustainable events since 2011
The Sustainability Committee is tasked with advancing Article 5, Section 13 of the Bylaws:
Promote the conservation and protection of rivers and river environments, and educate the public in sustainable environmental stewardship practices.
The IRF is committed to sustainable development and is aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development goals:
- Overview of IRF alignment to UN Sustainable Development goals
- United Nations Sustainable Development goals
More about our sustainability partners and useful links / resources to assist in planning sustainable events can be found here.
Our sustainability projects:
- IRF Green Events Action Plan – steps to ensure your rafting event is environmentally friendly
- 2011 IRF World White Water Rafting Championships – first ever certified carbon neutral world sports event
- “Remando por la paz” (Rafting for Peace) – exchanging guns for paddles
Projects that need your help:
External links are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the International Rafting Federation of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation, organisation or individual. The International Rafting Federation bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
Please let us know about existing external links that you believe are inappropriate.