In July 2019, we return to the stunning gorges of the River Vrbas in Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The Vrbas is a fast mountain river, with several white water sections and pool drops. The length used for rafting is 31km (from dam to downtown). The Vrbas winds through two canyons: Canyon Tijesno (5km) and Canyon Podmilacje (8km). The level of the water depends on dam releases with usual limits at 25 to 100 cubic meters. In spring it is around 300 cubic meters. The grading is 2-3. In July water temperature is 16oC, air temperature is over 25oC
|Date:||01 – 07, July 2019|
|Location:||Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Organiser:||Rafting Club “Kanjon” Banja Luka|
|Racing:||R6 Male & Female|
|Categories:||Youth, Juniors, Open and Master|
|Competition:||Sprint, H2H, Slalom, Downriver|
|River:||Vrbas, Banja Luka, Class 3|
|Entry Fee:||€600 per team / €100 per person|
|Registration:||Registration form here|
|Team Info:||Team Info letter|
Last date for registration is 15th May 2019
- Event Fees: please refer to the above information letters and / or the official website for registration and other fees to be paid to the event organisers as well as how to make these payments.
- IRF Fees: all members must be up to date with their fees due to the IRF. Please contact IRF Admin as to how to pay these fees.
- Open Men
- Open Women
- Masters Men
- Masters Women
- U23 Men
- U23 Women
- U19 Men
- U19 Women
- New Judges workshop – a Workshop and exam for new Judges will be run during this event.
Head Judge: Goran Lolic
- Judge Liaison:
- Official Judges: (12)
- Volunteer Judges:
- And any Judges who do the Judges course
Daily updates: Updates will be posted during the event on the IRF’s facebook page, website and on twitter. If live streaming is available we’ll let you know where to find it.
Results: Will be posted in the left hand column on our home page, as well as in the daily articles posted on the website, on Facebook and in the live feeds.
Media Kit: Information for media
- History of the International Rafting Federation – here
- General Info about IRF: The IRF is a non-profit organisation which seeks to unite rafters from around the world. This is done through competitions, recreational rafting and conservation.The IRF has a 10 man BOD and a number of Sub-committees which run its affairs. The sub-committees are Sport & Competition, Guide Training & Education, Recreational Rafting and Conservation, Media & Marketing and International Relations. The members of these committees are from all over the world, representing rafting from all corners and continents.
- Press: here and on our facebook page
- Photos and videos: here and on our facebook page