We are very excited to announce we are returning to Lipno for our ERC 2023!
- Dates for event: August 28th – September 3rd 2023
- Location: Czech Republic
- River: Vltava River
- Nearest town/ city: Lipno nad Vltavou
- Hosts: Union of boaters of the Czech Republic (SVoČR)
SVoČR are one of the most experienced event organisers and in the past have run: ERC 1999, Prague; WRC 2003, Lipno; ERC 2012, Lipno; Youth and Masters WRC 2012, České Vrbné; numerous Euro Cup competitions since 1998 in various locations annually; Czech Cup Series hosting 50 – 100 teams at each event, including international ones.
All disciplines will take place on the Vltava River below the Lipno dam, the river volume should be 25-30 m3/s during official training and race (the exact flow will be specified later).
- Slalom/sprint/H2H – length 600m, mostly class III rapids, one class IV rapid, pools for recovery present;
- DR race – length 8,5km, mostly Class III-V rapids divided in 3 main sections which are separated by flat sections of Class I-II. The crucial part of the DR race is about 2km long, with steep gradient, rocky river bed, boulders, high steps and holes, Class
IV-V. Youth and Junior teams will not do the Class IV-V section.
Air temperature at the end of summer is usually between 15 – 25 (30)°C, water temperature around 18°C. Correct paddling gear should be used accordingly.
The nearest international airports are Prague Airport (CZE), Vienna International Airport (AUT).
For accommodation – the whole area is a well known tourist resort that provides accommodation capacity of thousands of spots in different types of accommodation (campsites, hostels, apartments, hotels etc. The closest villages are “Lipno nad Vltavou”, “Frymburk”, “Vyšší Brod” and “Přední Výtoň”.
Full information will be provided closer to the time!
Links to past videos: