It is not only the great Vrbas River and location that makes teams want to go back here, it is also the awesome hosts, Rafting Club “Kanyon”, with their superb club house/bar/restaurant right on the river and their friendly, welcoming style. A great place to gather and catch up with all the other paddlers from around Europe.
- Dates: 01-07 July, 2019
- Location: Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Organizer: Rafting Club “Kanjon” Banja Luka
- Categories: R6 (M/F) – Youth, Juniors, Open and Master
- Competition: R6 (M/F): Downriver, Sprint, H2H, Slalom
- River: Vrbas, Banja Luka, class 3
- Rafts: RobFin 425
River: The Vrbas River is a fast mountain river, with several white water sections and pool drops. The length that is used for rafting is 31 km (from dam to downtown). The Vrbas crosses two canyons: Tijesno Canyon (5km) and Podmilacje Canyon (8km). The level of the water depends on the dams, but the usual limits are 25 to 100 cubic meters, and in spring it is around 300 cubic meters. Grade is 2-3. In July water temperature is 16oC, air temperature is over 25oC.
Rafts and equipment: The official raft will be the RobFin 425 (length 425, width 205, tubes 52, thwarts 2 pcs, material PVC, color sky blue) provided by the organiser. Teams are responsible for their own PFD, paddles, paddling clothing, throw bags and any additional paddling accessories they might require. We recommend a 3mm neoprene wet-suit for competitors.
Transport: This is up to you to organise. Most teams arrive in their own vehicles, the rest tend to hire while there. See detailed information sheet for hiring contact.
Accommodation: The Organiser will provide camping places free of charge for all competitors in the Krupa on Vrbas, with hot water, showers and toilets. You need to bring your own tents and other camping equipment. If teams want other types of accommodation with lowest prices in the city then see the detailed information sheet for details.
Meals: The Organiser will provide one meal free of charge for all competitors during the competition. The meal will be combined domestic and international food (and can cater for special dietary requirements).
- Last date for registration is May, 15th 2019.
- Registration Form – when completed send to Organiser AND to IRF Admin
- Entry fee: €600 (EUR) per team, (€100 per person)
- Rafting centre “Kanjon” is located about 11 km from the city of Banja Luka. You need to drive through main road M-16 to Jajce, and after 11 km, you will see big rafting centre on the left side, with restaurant, rafts, etc…
- Camp “Krupa na Vrbasu” is located about 15 km from the rafting centre “Kanjon” or 26 km from the city of Banja Luka, on the same main road M-16 to Jajce.