We are excited to be heading to the city of Ziyuan, Guang Xi Province, China where we will be holding our 19th World Rafting Championship on the Wu Pai River! This location was used for the 2017 and 2018 World Cup Series and will see another World Cup event later this year. Enjoyed by all, it was a popular choice as a great location for a World Rafting Championship and so we are delighted to present it as the location for WRC 2020.
The National Sports Administration of China, through their Water Sports Management Centre and the Guang Xi Provincial Sports Bureau, are pulling out all the stops to ensure as many teams as possible can attend this great event.
No Entry Fee!
Yes, you heard right! There is no Entry Fee! To ensure a fair registration process each team will have to pay a “commitment” fee of $100 USD which will be refunded when they arrive to compete!
Accommodation and local transfers are free!
Yes! The organisers are covering all your local costs as well! This includes transfers to/from Guilin International Airport (within a week of the competition), all transfers to/from the river, three meals a day and vibrant and engaging opening and closing ceremonies.
What DO you have to pay for?
You must pay for your own flights and visas. To help with that we have secured discounts to both Pre-Worlds and the 2020 WRC (up to 25% off on certain routes) with the oneworld Airlines Alliance.
You also have the opportunity to win prize money! There will be 350,000 RMB on offer, which is equivalent to about $50,000 USD at today’s rate.
To sum up the key elements:
- Location : Ziyuan, Guilin, Guangxi Province, China (closest international airport Guilin – 60 minutes by coach to Ziyuan)
- River : Wu Pai River
- Grades : G2/3; DR has one G3+/4 short gorge section with plenty of safety cover
- Dates : End July, start of August 2020 (exact dates to be confirmed)
- Entry fee : None!!! However – each team will have to pay a “commitment” fee of $100, which will be refunded when they arrive to compete
- What is included for teams : all local transport, accommodation and meals for all teams!
- Not included : Teams pay for own flights AND visas
- Prize money: 350,000 RMB, which is equivalent to about $50,000 USD at today’s rate.
- Pre-Worlds/ World Cup in 2019: 28 July to 03 Aug 2019
- oneworld Airlines Alliance: discounts secured to both Pre-Worlds and the 2020 WRC (up to 25% off on certain routes)
Full event details will be launched at the IRF World Rafting Championship in Tully, Australia this May.
In the meantime, check out the promo video here.
#AreYouReady #RaftersAreAwesome #StrongerTogether #RiverFamily #WeAreIRF #Ziyuan