Tour Operators whose guides are ALL IRF certified:
We established the Whitewater Training Center in 2008 with the aim to spread high safety standards in the world of swift water in cooperation with the International Rafting Federation’s Guide Training and Education Committee and Rescue 3 International.
We are running Guide Training Programs, River Rescue (SRT, WRT) Courses and workshops all around the World following the high standards of the International Rafting Federation -IRF- and Rescue 3 International. (as of June 2012)
Rios Tropicales is an eco-adventure company that operates throughout Costa Rica – on both the Pacific and Atlantic coasts, in the mountainous central rainforest, and in the western regions. We offer adventure activities that take advantage of Costa Rica’s unique variety of environments: whitewater rafting on eight rivers, multisport activities that feature kayaking, canoeing, hiking, and cycling, family adventures, cultural encounters, nature and wildlife tours, and “volun-tourism”.
Our mission, to share the rivers, natural resources and culture of Costa Rica while sharing conservation values, has not changed since we began in 1985. Rios Tropicales was established by native Central Americans, the Salvadorian Rafael Gallo and Costa Rican Fernando Esquivel, whose deep connection with the region and culture are apparent in every aspect of the company.
Since 2001 we have been running high quality rafting adventures with departures fromSan Jose, the Arenal Volcano, and the Southern Caribbean Coast to our privateExplorationCenterin Siquirres, the gateway to the Pacuare and Reventazón rivers where the best rapids inCosta Ricaare found. All one day and overnight trips offer you the option to swap destinations with no extra charge.
We are a family business owned and operated by Costa Ricans with 42 staff members committed to your safety and satisfaction; we have our very own fleet of 8 vehicles, 21 rafts, 3 offices, a private base and our Pacuare Tent Camp. Our mission is to provide you with the best possible value for both your time and your money; our vision is to be the best rafting company in Costa Ricato work with. (as of June 2012)
International WhiteWaterSchool is a professional training school officially recognized by the International Rafting Federation (IRF). Where ever in the world you would like to organize something concerning Rafting we can support and guide you according to your wishes. Either it is training / workshops / certification / or support during an event, WhiteWaterSchool has its experts ready for you. During the training we use our recognized Rafting Reader which is in the English language. This Reader is convenient up to Raft Guide III. Our Instructors and Assessor may assess and certificate at the following disciplines: • Rafting • Inline Craft • Safety Craft
Support Possibilities• Trainee Raft Guide training • Raft Guide training II / III / IV-V • Raft Guide training Artificial Tracks • Raft Trip leader training II / III / IV-V • Raft Instructor training III / IV-V • Safety Craft training • Inline Craft training • Medic First Aid training and certification • Raft & Kayak scenario training on rivers class II / III / IV – V • Electronically time measuring during Races • Training Safety Team and Support during Races. (as of June 2012)
The company runs commercial rafting & kayaking tours in Romania since 2005 and for the past four years has settled on Buzau river. We provide rafting and kayaking trips, along with a 6 years old ski school and many adventure based trips including caving, mountain biking, rock climbing and ski touring.
ACE Adventure is a Scottish based adventure activity provider offering a wide range of outdoor activities near Inverness, Aviemore, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen from our two operational bases on the Rivers Tay and Findhorn. ACE is the industry leading White Water Rafting company in the UK with fully trained and qualified IRF guide staff. Regular guide training courses and assessments are available. ACE take corporate responsibility seriously by providing support and donations to local river conservation registered charities and educating clients on the importance and value of free flowing rivers. Our 10 day wilderness rafting expeditions on the Franklin River in Tasmania are the pinnacle of white water rafting journeys.
ACE symbolises ADVENTURE, CONDITION and ESSENCE . We are committed to the task of enhancing people lives with long-term influence through our core values of Fun, Passion, Trust and Thoughtful.
Some of the other tasks the Recreational Rafting & Conservation Committee are working on are:
- Developing an international code of conduct that can be used by all river users. If you have your own Code of Conduct we would enjoy seeing it and adding relevent issues to the one we are developing. Email it to us
- Developing a Tour Rafting Standards Assessment / Scheme: this would be a scheme to assess companies on the quality of the trip they provide, extending from the first contact (booking) to the final contact.
- Setting up guide lines for the public to use in assessing which river and company to go with.
- Setting up guide lines for tour companies to use (and possibly governments to use as a base) when assessing how, when, who, etc they will run river trips. This would be things like when helmets should be used, definitions of gradings of rivers, who should be running what types of rivers (eg non swimmers – not recommended for class 4), etc, etc. These would only be recommendations, to protect ourselves from lawsuits.
- Set up a list of links to recommended commercial operators whose guides are IRF certified, and the company is a member of its national federation, etc
- Work with river users to protect their rivers and keep them clean, accesible and free flowing.
If you are keen to help out with any of the above please contact us.