- Lists of all guides, instructors and assessors as well as Inline Raft Instructors and Riverboarding Instructors
GT&E Overview and information
Welcome to the IRF Guide Award Scheme. The Award Scheme was developed in response to the demands of guides, companies and authorities from various parts of the world that were seeking minimum standards for guides.
Your IRF Award is being accepted by more and more countries world wide as a standard for guiding and in some countries as a National Standard. There are many guides and/or companies who are now acknowledging the IRF award throughout the world. (Some countries may still require a guide to obtain their own National Standard as well.)
In order to make your guide award current you must provide to your Instructor the following
- A current Red Cross first aid certificate (FAC) or equivalent with cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). (Less than 2 years old).
- Log book recording each run, signed by the Trip Leader or Operations Manager of the company.
- IRF Award Fees -
- Guide Assessment fee US$40
- Trip Leader Assessment fee US$60
- Instructor Assessment fee US$100
- Renewal Fee without card US$15
- Renewal Fee with card US$40
- Renewals for expired certifications US$10 per year expired plus above renewal fees
If you require an IRF Guide Award card you must provide a digital passport style photograph and your date of birth to your Instructor along with a postal address for card to be sent to. NB: National Federations such as the Swiss Rafting Federation, Costa Rica Rafting Federation and Netherlands Rafting Federation will administer your award, fees and card and will notify IRF of your assessment. Once your Instructor provides all your information to GT&E Admin and your payment has been received, your card will then be processed. This will take 3 – 6 weeks to be processed.
Your IRF Award will be valid (with a first aid certificate issued within the last two years) for a period of two years from Assessment date. It is easily renewed when you provide the appropriate evidence of currency. This can be done through your Instructor or with GT&E Admin.
If you would like to be reminded when your renewal is due or to be kept up to date with news from Guide Training and Education please make sure you have given your email address to your instructor or the GT&E administration. If you have any questions about IRF Guide Training and Education please ask your Instructor first or contact us.