- Facebook page: Save The Zambezi River
- RE: Environmental and Social Impact Assessment for the Proposed Batoka Gorge Hydro-Electric Scheme (Zambia and Zimbabwe) on the Zambezi River:
- Invitation to Focus Group Meeting (March 2020) There is an invitation to comment on the Draft ESIAs and to attend the open house meeting for the Proposed Batoka Gorge Hydro-Electric Scheme. Copies of the draft ESIAs and a Non-technical Summary of the draft ESIAs are available on the Project website www.erm.com/BGHES-ESIA,
- There is also an invite to Zambezi River Users (white water rafting outfitters, jetboat operators, etc.) to a small focus group meeting to discuss Project impacts specific to this industry. The discussion will include the findings of the updated ESIAs as well as the additional specialist studies undertaken in 2019, including the Environmental Flows, Economic, Biodiversity and Social specialist studies.ERM will facilitate two meetings, as detailed below:
- Victoria Falls at the Kingdom Hotel on 17 April 2020 from 09:00 to 11:00.
- Livingstone at the Protea Hotel by Mariott on 18 April from 09:00am to 11:00am.
- Participants will have the opportunity to interact with ERM, the ZRA and the technical Project team, ask questions and provide comment.
- For any further queries Email: email@example.com. Project Website: www.erm.com/BGHES-ESIA
- Report back from the stakeholders meeting on the Batoka Hydro (2014)
- Meetings being held up in Vic Falls and Livingstone in January (posted 27 Dec 2014)
- Background Information Document for further information. (posted 27 Dec 2014)
Other good information sources and articles:
- Wikipedia – Batoka_Gorge_Hydroelectric_Power_Station
- Batoka Gorge – Community Meeting Presentation (ERM) (2014)
- www.internationalrafting.com/2020/04/savethezambezi/ – by Gary Wockner
The following organisations are committed to opposing the damming of the Batoka Gorge on the Zambezi River: