- The Media and Marketing Committee shall have oversight over all IRF policies and decisions that are related to Media and Marketing.
- The Media and Marketing Committee shall submit proposals and establish a budget for the development of IRF Media and Marketing.
- The Media and Marketing Committee shall establish contacts with the public relations unit of IRF Member Organisations.
- The Media and Marketing Committee shall be appointed by the Executive Committee and the Committee Chair.
The Media and Marketing Committee shall be responsible for:
- Maintaining official IRF websites and social media sites as internet information sources for all rafters.
- Coordinating and developing printed publications for the IRF.
- Promoting rafting in the press and on radio, television, film, and the internet.
- Handling and oversight of media, TV, and Internet coverage at IRF-sanctioned events.
- Building an information library for IRF Member Organisations, potential sponsors, media, and other interested persons. This includes:
- A database of photographs, videos, and similar visual rafting media.
- Media articles on IRF-sanctioned events and general rafting issues.
- Working with the International Relations and Recreational Rafting Committees to gather and publish statistics of river users worldwide.
- A database of the results of past IRF sanctioned events.
- Gather, collate and publish any information that can assist the promotion of rafting.