The IRF’s 2019 Congress will be held in the evenings of the 13 and 15 of May, at the WRC 2019 Event Head Quarters in Tully, Queensland, Australia.
Please Note: Proposals to be put before Congress:
Who can put proposals in? Each IRF Member (Full, not Provisional), IRF Executive Officers, and IRF Committee Chairs have the right to submit proposals (which must include detail with reasons and supporting documents) and reports to the Ordinary IRF Congress.
Authorized proposals: Proposals originating from an IRF Member must be signed by their president or authorized representative.
Provisional Proposals: To ensure all members have sufficient time to examine and discuss all proposals Provisional Proposals are now requested ahead of time – these need not be fully detailed yet but are to give the Exec Com enough information so that they can decide whether it complies with IRF Bylaw requirements (more detail below) and so can be included in the Agenda:
- Provisional proposals that request changes to the IRF’s Bylaws must be in the hands of the IRF Secretary General no later than the 13 February.
- Other provisional proposals must be in the hands of the IRF Secretary General no later than the 28 February. Any proposal received after this but before the 7 April will be considered individually and if it is deemed necessary and there is enough time for Exec Com to fully consider it, then it will be included. No proposals will be considered if received after the 7 April.
Procedure after receipt of a provisional proposal – the Executive Committee will determine if it is suitable to add to the Congress agenda. In this capacity the Executive Committee may:
- Ask for additional information or clarification;
- Return a proposal for revision;
- Reject an unsuitable proposal.
Provisional proposals may NOT be included in the Congress agenda if they:
- Do NOT fall under the jurisdiction of the IRF Congress;
Are not clearly written in the English language;
Are not submitted in the correct format;
Are repetitive of existing Bylaws, rules or policies;
Are deemed to be offensive, illegal, or might jeopardize the name, reputation, or standing of the IRF.
Please contact IRF Admin if you have any questions.
#AreYouReady #RaftersAreAwesome #StrongerTogether #WeAreOne #WeAreIRF