At last someone is making this happen and it is most likely to be a World Cup series event as well – meaning it will fit in with the minimum requirements that the IRF has for a World Cup event (safety, judging, race direction).
The details are still being finalised but here are the basics:
- Dates: 14 – 21 Dec 2017
- Location: Zambezi River, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) / Livingston (Zambia)
- R6 (6-man rafts): Sprint, H2H, Slalom and Downriver
- Kayak: Downriver and Slalom
- K1 / K2: still in the planning
- Other activities are planned as well: half marathon and mountain bike race as well as local markets and entertainment
So set those dates aside, save up leave time, and get your team ready for downtime on the Zambezi!