The process is as follows:
- Rule proposals may be submitted only as one of the three possible options. 1) Eliminate a rule, 2) change a rule, or 3) add a rule.
1) When suggesting that a rule be eliminated, a copy of the rule must be included in the proposal.
2) When proposing a change to an existing rule, the proposal must include a copy of the existing rule, and the suggested change.
3) When suggesting a new rule, the submission must include a copy of the new rule written in a rule format.
- All proposals must include Clear REASONS as to why this change has been suggested. Submissions without clear reasons will be rejected.
- All proposals must include the name of the person/organisation making the suggestion, and must come through an IRF member organisation representative or with their written approval.
- All proposals will be assessed by the S&C Exec Com and those which merit further discussion will be presented to the full S&C Com for full discussion. Discussions will be conducted on the IRF Forum.
- After discussions have concluded, all members of the S&C Com who have been active in the discussions will vote. The aim is to conclude the voting by 15 February.
- Updated rules, with all changes, will be published on the IRF website and sent by email to IRF member organizations. The aim is for this to be done by 1 March.