July is a very quiet month for racing and guide training – but a very busy high season for rafting tourism! Take a look at the up coming activities for later in the year and plan ahead so you can attend!
Raft races coming up:
- 31 July – 2 August is the first Euro Cup in Italy. It is R6 (ideal training for WRC later this year) and is to be held at Villeneuve (AO) & Ivrea (TO). Details
- 14 – 16 August will be the Brazilian Nationals, Details
- 15 – 16 August is the R6 EC in Vltava, Czeska Vrbne, Ceske Budejovice, Czech which has Sprint and Slalom, Details
- 16 – 22 August sees the 4th Kashmir Cup being held on the River Sindh, Sonamarg J&K, India and is being run by the White Water Rafting Association & Dir Tourism of Kashmir. The first 5 International teams will be sponsored by the tourism department so contact the organisers! Details
- 22 – 23 August is the R4 and R6 EC Downriver on the Vltava, Lipno, Devil’s Stream, Loucovice, Czech. Details
- 13 September VKKF are holding an Open Raft Day at Dutch Water Dreams in Zoetermeer in the Netherlands. Details
- 19 September is the R4 EC on the Sava River in Tacen, Ljubljana, Slovenia. All 4 disciplines will be held. and the event is run by RC Mrzla Uoda, Details
- 29 Nov – 8 Dec we finish off with the highlight event of the year – the R6 World Rafting Champs in Citarik, Indonesia! Being at the end of the year many particpants and spectators will be able to stay on afterwards to to enjoy the delights of the country. Details
Guide, Trip Leader, Safety Kayaker and Instructor workshops coming in India, Nepal and Scotland:
- 3 – 7 Sept is a Safety Kayaker, Guide and TL Workshop on the Indus & Zanskar rivers in Ladakh India. Hosts: Wet n Wild Explorations. Instructor: Mark Hirst. Details
- 19 – 24 Sept are Guide and Instructor courses; Guide and Trip Leader Assessments at Ace Adventures, Scotland. Full details.
- In 2016 from 3-8 April there is an Instructor Workshop on the Marshyangdi River, Nepal. Host: Paddle Nepal. Instructors: Jim Coffey & Mark Hirst. Details